Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2016

Narrative Prose Memoir Poetry

Casco Bay

You'll be suffering through my experimenting with writing my memoir in prose poetry.  For now, I'm just reading.  Here's the first stanza of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's My Lost Youth.  It's not in prose form but it is a memoir in poetry.  Nice imagery.

My Lost Youth
by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Often I think of the beautiful town
That is seated by the sea;
Often in thought go up and down
The pleasant streets of that dear old town,
And my youth comes back to me.
    And a verse of a Lapland song
    Is haunting my memory still
    'A boy's will is the wind's will,
And the thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts.'

Longfellow is writing about Portland ME.  I'm making a list of my own memories that I want to write about.

And I keep catching myself smiling.

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...