Search This Blog

Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Memoir

My niece handed me a book she had to read for school.  She had finished it and said that I would like it.  The book is Townie by Andre Dubus III.  The author teaches at her school.  Regardless, she liked the book.  I did too but I'm sure for different reasons than my niece did.  She enjoyed the author's craft.  His descriptions are sharp.  You're there.  His characterization is amazing.  I not only can picture his characters, I'd recognize them anywhere.  It's a work of art.

What I enjoyed is the setting.  I grew up around Haverhill, Newburyport, Plum Island, Salisbury, and Lawrence.  So not only do I know whom the author is talking about, but where he is standing.



No comments:

Trinity

 Where did the idea of God being Three Persons, come from?  It came from Jesus.  Matthew 28: 19.   New International Version Therefore go an...