Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

Day Fifteen Consecration to Mary for the 21st Century/ A Lenten Journey

Day Fifteen Consecration to Mary for the 21st Century/A Lenten Journey

                                                                        Day Fifteen


Friday of the Second Week of Lent

Prayers for this week, Days11-17 in Lent:

Begin each day with "Lord, I wish to consecrate myself to You, through Your Mother, Mary."

St. Enrique de Osso y Cervello
No Meat Today

First Meditation

Saint Enrique de Osso y Cervello was a Spanish Carmelite priest whose works were dedicated for the promotion of the family.  He believed that holiness was promoted in families through women.  Meditate on his quote, "The world has always been what women have made it."

Second Meditation

Pray this brief litany:
         Mary, conceived without sin, pray for all sinners,                          R.   Lord, hear your Mother's prayer!
          --that we may be made holy by Your Son.
         Mother most pure, pray for our purity of heart,
         --that we may will what God wills.
         Mother of Divine Grace, pray for all those who seek God,
          --that we may find Him during this Lent.

Third Meditation

Pray these two word prayers.
My Lord,
strengthen me
pardon me
protect me
calm me
heal me
Mary, pray for me

End the day with, "Lord, hear Your Mother's prayers."

End your day with an examination of conscience--even in bed.
Mother of God, pray for me. 
What good did I do today?
Where did I fail?
How can I do better?

No comments:

Galilean Fish Broil

BIBLICALLY BROILED FISH This Lenten recipe comes from “A Continual Feast.”  Note the beautiful story of Jesus appearing to the apostles on t...