Search This Blog

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Why I Hate Vacations

Cancun, Mexico
Vacations and retreats are periods of stress for me.  I can't relax.  I don't de-stress; I stress more.  The thought of all I have to do to catch up from being away is what's stressing.  And since I'm on vacation or retreat, I have all the time in the world to think of more things to do, just makes matters worse.

Besides, everyone I love and want to be with, isn't with me.  All my favorite things aren't with me.  I don't have my pillow!  It's not my cooking, which leads to an intestinal adjustment, which isn't pleasant.

Also, the going there and coming home makes me sick.  I have motion sickness.  My ears suffer excruciating pain when I fly.

Ugh.  Leave me alone.  Let me stay home.  That's where I'm happiest.

Hands Up Don't Shoot

  Our Lady of Ferguson Icon by Mark Doox Icons are written because they are stories. This story began in the city of Ferguson, Missouri, whi...